There are now about 150 international students studying at University of Miyazaki. The students established MUFSA (Miyazaki University Foreign Student Association) in April 1994 with the aim of promoting ‘friendship, brotherhood, and unity.’
- To promote mutual friendship and understanding between international students and Japanese students, faculty members, university officials. As well as fostering friendships between the international students themselves through various activities and social gatherings.
- To represent the international students in expressing their needs on matters related to their daily campus life and stay in Japan and to communicate these needs to University administration officials and other agencies concerned.
- Participation in the University Festival
- Farewell party for international students returning to their home countries
- Welcome party for new international students
- Sports activities
- Lunchtime meetings
- Issuing of ‘a newsletter’
- Establishing the information-transmission network among international students
- Exchange with several organizations inside and outside of the University
Any international student at the University of Miyazaki can become a member.